Saturday 14 March 2015

Evaluation Question Number 5

Q5 - How did you attract/address your audience?

My first draft of the film featured my lead character Adelaide having dreams/nightmares about a masked figure. The mystery of the masked figure driving a car would creep out the audience and intrigue them into watching. But in my feedback I was told the mask wast work and just looked wrong the way I was using it. So with this I went back to the drawing board and came back with my final draft where I had re-shot some of the film. The way I decided to grip people time was mainly in the music it begins with tense soft piano music. Which dramatically changes to Breakfast at Tiffanys this change in music draws in the viewer giving them almost a false sense of security. When they were feeling safe watching the film, sound of a car crash hits shocking the viewer and causing them to want to continue watching. As well as this the added mystery and puzzle of why the woman is dreaming of herself driving stays with the viewer causing them to want to continue.

As well as the obvious curiosity through the music I have attracted the audience through the creation of a very clever and intriguing character in Adelaide. The young student sleeping alone in a very well lit room wearing what looks to be some form of engagement ring on the wrong finger, which then cuts to the same girl driving what seems to be her car late at night on an abandoned road. This character creates interest in the audience, making them want to know the answers to all the questions my opening creates like "why is she driving at night?".

No comments:

Post a Comment