Saturday 14 March 2015

Evaluation Question 7

Q7 - Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
My preliminary task was not my best work but it did teach me one important thing. If you use the camera in such a way you can tease the audience with it. So you can show them a shot of someone’s arm but the audience then want to know whos arm it is. This intrigues the audience and keeps them guessing throughout. I learned this as in our prelim we used a lot of over shoulder shots and came up with the idea of showing the character wed already seen walk in from the mystery persons perspective keeping the audience guessing.
As well as this I was first introduced to the camera during the prelim and since then my camera skills have significantly improved as the prelim was a sort of dummy run with the camera experimenting seeing what worked. I also experimented in the time of my thriller opening filming. So my camera skills have come on leaps and bounds since then.

Another that went much better in the actual project was the time it took me to complete everything. During the Prelim I had to depend on others and had to spend time chasing the up. An example of this is the fact that we split the editing into three but I actually ended up doing all of it. This time I did it all on my own so there was no last minute waiting for other people I completely depended on myself making life much easier for myself.

The big improvement since the prelim has to be my editing work, the prelim editing went terribly as I had never met the software before but when I got the hang of it, it became easier that is why my editing in my final draft is much more professional than that of my prelim.

No comments:

Post a Comment